Tips & Tricks Thursday!

Thursday, July 25, 2013



Hello Lydia here. Today I thought it would be fun to show you a great way to use up some of your pesky little scraps and get some cute little embellishments to use in the process. What embellishments I hear you ask........pin-wheels!

All you need is a square of doubled-sided paper, it doesn't matter the size just that it is a square and I find that going smaller than 1 and 1/2 inches is a bit tricky.




Firstly I mark a little line on the diagonal in the middle of the square. 

 I do this so when I line up the other diagonal I can leave a gap in the middle uncut.


(You need to leave this gap for somewhere to put the glue or a brad.)



Once you have cut one diagonal you need to cut the other still leaving a gap of uncut card in the middle.



After you have made these cuts you are ready to glue. Add glue into the un-cut space in the middle of the card, then bring on corner onto the glued centre.


Do this to the four cut sections using the same corner side on eah of the sections.



And voila!!!! Now all that needs to be added is a gem or brad to the centre and it then can be added to your project.


Hope you have a go at this they are super easy and so cute!!!!

Love Lydia xxx

3 Comments »

3 Responses to “Tips & Tricks Thursday!”

Giorgia Rossini said...

I love pinwhheels :)

Unknown said...

Thanks! I will have to give it a try!

Giorgia Rossini said...

I linked this on my blog, because I made them for my birthday's cake yesterday :)
thank you!